During our summer schools, participants and experts work together in projects on a specific research topic with specific CSS methods. Projects of the summer school will relate to the following fundamental research questions:
- Which social dynamics and which actions foster or weaken social cohesion?
- Does migration impact social cohesion?
- How does residential ethnic and social segregation affect cohesion?
- Which processes contribute in what way to a decline of social cohesion, e.g. political polarization, social fragmentation, or increasing inequality?
- Which processes contribute in what way to an increase in social cohesion, e.g. virtual social networks, benefits of diversity, or increasing urbanization?
- Are there adverse effects of actions to increase social cohesion?