During our summer schools, participants and experts work together in projects on a specific research topic with specific CSS methods. Projects of the summer school will relate to the following fundamental research questions:
- What determines the direction of migration flows?
- How do physical distance and individual resource endowments interact in structuring migration?
- How do migratory paths change as external factors alter (borders, weather)?
- What explains rises and drops in migration flows?
- How does migration affect the dynamics of ethnic residential segregation and social cohesion?