To apply, please submit the following material in one pdf file by 17 February 2019 via EasyChair (follow the instructions below):
- A letter describing your motivation for participation (1 page max),
- your CV,
- a preference ranking of at least three projects you want to participate in (find the offered projects here),
- and, if applicable, a brief explanation of your need for a travel grant and proof that your home institution does not cover your travel expenses.
We can only consider complete applications submitted via EasyChair.
There are no strict eligibility criteria. We recommend applicants to have finished at least their undergraduate studies (BA degree). However, PhD students are the main target group. Scholars even further in their career (e.g. postdocs) are welcome to apply, too,
Instruction for applying with EasyChair
- Open the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bigssscss2019
- If you have an EasyChair account, log in with your credentials. If not, you first have to register with EasyChair by clicking create an account. Follow the instructions.
- When you are logged-in, you will see the BIGSSS-CSS Summer School 2019 “Conference”-Page. Click enter as an author.
- Now, you are on the submission-page. Enter your correspondence address and author information. Enter the following in the other fields:
- Title: Your name.
- Keywords: List at least three projects you would like to participate in by preference. (Find the offered projects here)
- Topics: Tick the boxes corresponding to your wishes and circumstances.
- Upload: Upload the required documents (see above) in one PDF file.
You want to participate in the project “Global migration modelling with MIDAS“. As a first alternative you choose the project “Digital and computational migration approaches to study migration”, and your second alternative project would be “Social integration and the Urban Form: Measuring immigrants integration through urban mobility patterns“.
Enter the short titles of the projects as a preference list into the field Keywords as follows and tick the respective boxes under Topics (click to zoom into the picture).
- Global MIDAS
- Digital migration research
- Social integration
If you apply for a travel grant, also tick the respective box under Topics. Don’t forget to upload a brief explanation of your need for a travel grant and proof that your institution does not cover your travel expenses.
If you have any problems with submission do not hesitate to contact us at css [at] bigsss-bremen [dot] de
Matching participants with projects
We will match participants and projects according to their preferences and background. Therefore, you are asked to list at least three projects by preference during the application process.
Please consider that we can only start matching participants and projects after admission is finished. Please refrain from requests on the likelihood of being matched with a certain project. We will do our very best to meet your first choice. However, it might happen that you will be matched with your second or third choice. If you do not select projects or indicate your preferences, we will match you as required.